Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Knew I Should Be Eating More Cupcakes

When I picked up my dress from alterations, it was suggested I put a few clear snaps to hold dress close to my bra. So I decided today was as good a day as any to tackle that. Alone. What I didn't really think out was how I was going to get the dress on.

I did this bendy, turny stretch and managed to get the zipper up, but not the top clasp. And? The dress is literally falling off of me. Now, it could be that the top clasp would make a difference, but I doubt it. It is perfectly in line with the zipper. And the dress settles nicely to somewhere around mid-boob. Mid-boob is not where I want it to be.

The thing is, I know I lost a little weight. But, people, I went to the gym this evening to see just how much weight I had lost (no, no, not to actually work out, sillies), and it is only FOUR pounds. But on me, four pounds is a whole dress size.

I have two options. I can eat a shitload of cupcakes between now and then. Doubtful. Or I can take the dress back for more alterations.

So I broke down and called the dress shop. Tomorrow, I might go eat a cupcake.

2 comments:

  1. Damn, I wish I had that problem, unfortunately I can't eat cupcakes even if I wanted, they make me throw up now. Boo! Have one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got cake from The Chocolate Bar. Mmmmmmmm.

    Allie, that is a sad, sad thing. No cupcakes ever? I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete