Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not Music to My Ears

It was bound to happen that something would not go my way. Everything was going too smoothly, so something had to give.

From the very beginning Kenny and I picked out THE Band. It was THE one. We just had to have them. Everyone else paled in comparison. They are actually kind of well know and happen to be the Texans' house band or some such. We were a little concerned that they would not be available for our wedding date. So imagine our surprise when they were, and they were five hundred dollars under our budget. Perfect. Except? Kenny asked the band leader for the contract no less than four times, and he never would send it. We were at a loss. Did they not want to do it? What was the problem? So Kenny sent one last email politely, but forcefully, asking if they just weren't interested. The band leader? Calls Kenny within minutes. Sure they want to. He will email the contract right over.

Two days go by. No contract.

So I decide to take matters into my own hands. I call the band leader myself. He answers on the second ring, and I launch into a made up story about how I am not sure if my fiance has contacted him yet or not. I give him our details exactly, every last one, giving him to opportunity to say that he has indeed talked to us. I ask him directly if it is possible that he has talked to my fiance. He says it is not. He then asks me to email him our details, to which I reply, "Oh I can do better than that. I can send you all of the emails you have sent back and forth to my fiance that you claim to have never spoken to."

And by the way, you are no longer THE band.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that sucks!! I'm sorry! The one thing I splurged on for our wedding was the string quartet. I HAD to have strings at my wedding but only wanted them to play while the guest were arriving and during the ceremony then they could go...well they "dont do that." let's just say they each made $300 and played a total of 30 minutes. assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man!!! I know how much you wanted them. That sucks that they are so unprofessional. I would not go with them either. You should check out that band I sent you info on a while ago, though. Very swanky. It is who I would have picked if we had gone that route.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to see another band on Friday night that is playing at Cullens. Sheri, send me the band info again. I don't know what I did with it!

    ReplyDelete